- Handwashing and sanitizing stations throughout the buildings.
- Adherence to the quarantine and isolation requirements as determined by current health department recommendations.
- Cleaning protocols throughout the building.
- Inform the school nurse immediately if someone in the household is diagnosed with COVID-19
- Monitor your child's health and do not send your child to school if they are sick
- Pick up your child promptly if he or she becomes unwell during the school day
- Update Powerschool with emergency contacts that are close at hand and available to pick up your child if you are unavailable
If a student presents with one or more symptoms consistent with COVID-19 symptoms that student will be required to provide an alternative diagnosis and test negative before returning to school.
As per the New Jersey Department of Health guidelines:
- The student MUST stay home from school for 5 days from when symptoms first appeared, AND
- MUST be fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, AND
- MUST wear a mask for 5 days upon return to school
A student who has a household contact who has a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, IF UNVACCINATED will be required to quarantine for 5 days and can return to school on day 6 with a negative test. The student must continue to wear a mask for the full 10 days. VACCINATED students do not need to quarantine but it is recommended they wear a mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5.
Mask and Facecovering Guidelines